Anadrol results drug (NSAID). Has directed action against pain, has antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties. The mechanism of action of ibuprofen is due to inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis – mediators of pain, inflammation and hyperthermic response.
Absorption – high, the connection with plasma proteins – 90%. Slowly into the joint cavity, it is retained in the synovial tissue, creating in it a large concentration than in plasma. After absorption of about 60% pharmacologically inactive R-form slowly transformed into the active S-form. It is metabolized in the liver. Excreted by the kidneys (unchanged no more than 1%) and, to a lesser extent in the bile. The half – 2 hours.
Nurofen is used for headache, toothache, migraine, painful menstruation, neuralgia, back pain, muscle and rheumatic pains; as well as feverish with the flu and colds.
- erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute phase, including gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer in the acute stage, ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcers, Crohn’s disease;
- heart failure;
- severe course of hypertension;
- hypersensitivity to ibuprofen or to the drug;
- “Aspirin” asthma, urticaria, rhinitis, nasal polyps mucosa provoked by taking aspirin (salicylates) or other NSAIDs;
- diseases of the optic nerve; violation of color vision, amblyopia, scotoma;
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, hemophilia, anticoagulation status, hemorrhagic diathesis;
- III trimester pregnancy, lactation;
- expressed human liver and / or kidney problems;
- hearing loss, vestibular pathology;
- children up to 6 years.
Be wary – while taking the drug in patients with gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer history, gastritis, enteritis, colitis, with anamnestic information about bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract; the presence of concomitant diseases anadrol results of the liver and / or kidney problems; liver cirrhosis with portal hypertension, nephrotic syndrome, chronic heart failure; hypertension; in blood diseases of unknown etiology (leukopenia and anemia); bronchial asthma, with hyperbilirubinemia; pregnancy (I, II trimesters); Children up to age 12 years.
Dosing and Administration
Nurofen is prescribed for adults and children over 12 years in, after a meal in tablets of 200 mg 3-4 times a day. The tablets should be taken with water.
3 times a day to achieve rapid therapeutic effect in adult dose may be increased to 400 mg (2 tablets).
Children from 6 to 12 years: 1 tablet up to 4 times a day; the drug can be used only in the case of the child’s body weight over 20 kg. The interval between taking the tablets for at least 6 hours.
Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours. The maximum daily dose is 1,200 mg.
If you are taking the drug in the symptoms persist for 2-3 days, you must stop treatment and seek medical advice.
When applied in Nurofen side effects practically are not observed for 2-3 days. In the case of long-term use may cause the following side effects:
- From the gastrointestinal tract: nausea, vomiting, heartburn, anorexia, pain and discomfort in the epigastric pain, diarrhea, flatulence, may cause erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (in some cases complicated by perforation and bleeding), abdominal pain, irritation, , dryness of the oral mucosa or pain in the mouth, gums ulcerated mucous membranes, aphthous stomatitis, pancreatitis, constipation, hepatitis.
- From the nervous system: headache, dizziness, insomnia, agitation, drowsiness, depression, confusion, hallucinations, rare – aseptic meningitis (usually in patients with autoimmune diseases).
- Cardio – vascular system: congestive heart failure, high blood pressure (BP), tachycardia.
- From the urinary system: nephrotic syndrome (edema), acute renal failure, allergic nephritis, polyuria, cystitis.
- From the side of blood: anemia (including hemolytic, aplastic), thrombocytopenia and thrombocytopenic purpura, agranulocytosis, leukopenia.
- From the senses: hearing loss, ringing or tinnitus, reversible toxic optic neuritis, blurred vision or double vision, dry and irritated eyes, swelling of the conjunctiva and eyelids (allergic genesis), scotoma.
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, pruritus, urticaria, angioedema, anaphylactoid reactions, anaphylactic shock, fever, erythema multiforme exudative (incl Stevens-Johnson syndrome), toxic epidermal necrolysis (Lyell’s syndrome), eosinophilia, allergic rhinitis.
- The respiratory system: bronchospasm, dyspnea.
- Other: increased sweating.
With prolonged use at high doses – ulceration of the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract anadrol results bleeding (gastrointestinal, gingival, uterine, hemorrhoids), blurred vision (disturbance of color vision, scotoma, amblyopia).
When side effects, stop taking the drug and consult a doctor.
Symptoms : abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, lethargy, sleepiness, depression, headache, tinnitus, metabolic acidosis, coma, acute renal failure, decreased blood pressure (BP), bradycardia, tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, respiratory arrest.
Treatment : gastric lavage (only for an hour after ingestion), activated carbon, alkaline water, forced diuresis, symptomatic therapy.
Interaction with other drugs
Not recommended simultaneous reception of Nurofen tablets with acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) and other NSAIDs. When concomitant administration of ibuprofen reduces inflammatory and antiplatelet effect of acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) (may increase the incidence of acute coronary insufficiency in patients receiving antiplatelet agents as low-dose acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), after starting ibuprofen). In the appointment of anticoagulant and thrombolytic drugs (alteplase, streptokinase, urokinase) also increase the risk of bleeding. Tsefamandol, tsefaperazon, tsefotetan, valproic acid, plikamitsin increase the purity of gipoprotrombinemii. Cyclosporine and gold preparations boost the effect of ibuprofen on prostaglandin synthesis in the kidneys, which is manifested by increased nephrotoxicity. Ibuprofen increases the plasma concentration of cyclosporin and the likelihood of its hepatotoxic effects. Drugs that block tubular secretion, reduce excretion and increase plasma concentration of ibuprofen. Inductors microsomal oxidation (phenytoin, ethanol, barbiturates, rifampicin, phenylbutazone, tricyclic antidepressants) increase the production of hydroxylated active metabolites, increasing the risk of severe hepatotoxic reactions. Inhibitors of microsomal oxidation – reduce the risk of hepatotoxicity. Reduces hypotensive activity vasodilators natriuretic have furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide. Reduces the effectiveness of uricosuric drugs, increases the effects of anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents, fibrinolytics. Enhances mineralokortikosteroidov side effects, corticosteroids, estrogens, ethanol. Do effect of oral hypoglycemic drugs, sulfonylureas and insulin ,. Antacids and cholestyramine reduce the absorption. Increases concentration of digoxin in the blood, drugs lithium methotrexate. Caffeine increases the analgesic effect.
During long-term treatment is necessary to monitor patterns of peripheral blood and functional state of the liver and kidneys. When symptoms of gastropathy shows careful control, including holding esophagogastroduodenoscopy, complete blood count (hemoglobin), fecal occult blood. If necessary, the definition of 17 – ketosteroidov drug should be discontinued 48 hours prior to the study. Patients should refrain from all activities that require attention, rapid mental and motor responses. During the period of anadrol results treatment should refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages.